Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Legally Blonde - Beverley Musical Theatre @ Hull New Theatre 20/06/18






































So I have loved Legally Blonde since I saw the version MTV filmed! It was the gateway musical to a lot of my current favourites, yet I had never seen it live.

The theatre company we saw is an amateur dramatics company, so I wasn't expecting much. (Due to my own experience in amateur dramatics elsewhere. It was not a pre-conceived conception of this company). After watching the show, this company showed me how amateur theatre should be done: professionally. I loved it so much. I did keep having the debate in my mind of did I love it because I love this show so much or did I genuinely love it? It was the latter.

The standout performer was definitely Joshua Archibald as Emmett, this was his debut with the company. He made the role entirely his own. It was so different to any other version of Emmett I have seen whilst scouring the internet. He made his Emmett dorky and lovable but in such a unique way that you really can't name it.

All of the songs sounded amazing! I highly praise their musical director for creating such perfectly unique sounding harmonies with such a range of voices.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment