Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Lion King - West End - 15/06/18




I will confess, The Lion King is one of my least favourite movies. But my friends and I agreed to pick a show each, one of them wanted to see this so we did. I enjoyed it so much more than I expected to.

One thing I was excited to see is the puppeteering, it's not something you see on this scale very often. It was amazing, the way each performer had control over the puppets they used was brilliant.

The standout performers were definitely the two children playing young Simba and Nala, I wish I knew which of the young actors were playing these roles because they're definitely people to look our for in the future. They had both the energy and the feisty-ness to portray the lion cubs. Another standout was the actor playing Zazu (Gary Jordan). He was very funny and though I found the character annoying at first, he really did grow on me.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment