Wednesday, July 18, 2018

The Mousetrap - West End - 16/06/18



This was the only show I went into knowing very little about the plot. All I knew is one of my favourite actors was in a previous production of it and it was a murder mystery. I have watched a lot of murder mystery TV shows, films and have read a lot of murder mystery books. I was intrigued as to how one would play out on stage.

As the only none musical we saw in London, despite going there to see musicals, I hoped I would enjoy it. It ended up being my favourite show of the three that we saw! It's a murder mystery so you'd assume the charm is lost after knowing who the murderer is, but I would definitely go see this show again if given the opportunity. To know who it is, looking for the little clues placed throughout is the fun of seeing a murder mystery with knowledge of the murderer.

I won't reveal who the murderer is, the cast make you promise to keep it a secret but I will say that I was shocked. I had my theories throughout, my friends spent the interval discussing who it could be but when the murderer was revealed as well as the motive we were all stunned.

The cast were amazing, the particular stand outs for me were Phoebe Fildes as Mollie Ralston and Rhys Warrington as Christopher Wren.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment