Friday, June 22, 2018

Prague Fringe Festival 2018: We Are Ian

WE ARE IAN

The rave atmosphere of the performance was clear even when waiting to go in. You could hear the pounding music inside. This was my idea of a nightmare. However, ignoring my personal hatred of rave music, the performance was spectacular.

It was such an interesting concept to explore and a unique way of exploring it. The use of a light bulb as the titular character of 'Ian' was also an innovative idea. We were introduced to history of illegal 80's raves by Ian transporting us through time.

One thing I have to commend the performers on is their energy, how they could still breathe at the end of the performance I will never know. They kept that energy up the entire time and you never saw it falter, except when it was supposed to.

The performance as a whole was interactive, ending in a mass rave on the stage, which was completely optional. Deciding not to join in, it was really fun to watch the audience and performers enjoying themselves. It was a great way to end my first fringe journey, even if I hate raves.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment