Sunday, June 10, 2018

Prague Fringe Festival 2018: Scotland!

SCOTLAND!

Scotland! was an incredible way to start my fringe journey. As the first fringe show I ever saw, it was brilliant and set a very high standard for the shows that followed. I'm always unsure going into a comedy as I have a very specific taste in humour, meaning a lot of comedies don't appeal to me. Scotland! was not one of these. The show was hilarious. The way they got the audience to participate and every time you thank the lord it wasn't you because you would most definitely have dropped the actor.

The show wasn't just humorous though, it was heartfelt. The end of the show, which I won't spoil as these guys will hopefully go far and wide with this show, was entrancing. You had followed these character's journeys, laughed with them and were truly a part of their world, now you were on the verge of tears with them.

The way the actor's used their voices to create sounds and their bodies to create physical comedy was very interesting. With every new segment they moved onto, they left you wanting to see more. Also, I have to commend all three actors on their Scottish accents, because that is not an easy feat by any means.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment