Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Prague Fringe Festival 2018: Trygve Wakenshaw: Clown Work In Progress

TRYGVE WAKENSHAW: CLOWN WORK IN PROGRESS

I was very skeptical about this performance. As I said before, I have a very specific type of humour, and clowning does not fall under that. However, Trygve's performance may have changed my mind, at least a little bit.

I actually found myself enjoying it. The crowd participation was enjoyable to listen to and watch, with audience members creating the sound of pianos and drums, miming a game of Frisbee, then there being varying levels of success when a physical Frisbee was introduced to the performance. The spontaneity of this left the performance up for a lot of laughter.

A particular sketch in his work I enjoyed was the Rapunzel one, the way he switched between Rapunzel and the prince and mimed their characters was hilarious.

Though, there was a hiccup which required a musical interlude, it was handled professionally by both Trygve and the person controlling his tech.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment