Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Prague Fringe Festival 2018: Songs of Gays

SONGS OF GAYS

I loved Songs of Gays! I am one of the biggest musical nerds going, so I was excited about this the minute I saw it listed. Structured like a church service, you felt like you were travelling through a whole new world with this wonderful ensemble.

There was not one stand out, good or bad, they were clearly a cohesive team, everyone getting their time to shine.

The show even received a standing ovation (the only one I witnessed at the festival), in the middle of the performance. If that doesn't determine good quality theatre, I don't know what does!

Not only were there voices great, the choreography, though simple, was something to behold as well. It is something I could see again and again, it'll light a smile on even the grumpiest of faces.

With songs, references to LGBT icons (Cher, Liza Minelli, and Barbra Streisand) and a whole lot of camp, it was the most entertaining show I saw.
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment