Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Prague Fringe Festival: And The Rope Still Tugging Her Feet

AND THE ROPE STILL TUGGING HER FEET

The concept of this show, exploring the murder of two children by their mother intrigued me. It sounded very much like a drama, which is much more my thing than a comedy.

The performer was extremely professional, and the overall performance was amazing! I would have paid a lot more than 150 Czech Koruna (just over £5) for it.

The actress took on multiple persona's in this one woman show, my favourites being Leanne, the mother the story centred around and Kate, the drunk commentating on the story. The show had so much variation within it. There was comedy, drama, a breakdown and even some mick-take Irish dancing in case anybody came because of the poster.

It was a very politically relevant show, addressing issues such as 'Repeal the 8th'. Though we saw this after it had been repealed, it still had an impact. A lot of the humour in the piece was Ireland specific, so as someone with very little knowledge of Ireland, some of it went over my head. However, you definitely did not need to know about Ireland to understand the play and enjoy it.

She was not afraid to interact with the audience, choosing people to deliver lines to with full eye-contact. I had a first hand experience of this. When as a detective character, the actress told you that you killed a child. It really made you believe you were in the world of the play and not just performer and spectator.

5/5 If I could give it more I would!


No comments:

Post a Comment